Will 6-month Paid Maternity Leave Stop Employers From Hiring Married Women?

Everylifecounts.ndtv.com by NDTV Forums Child Health And Nutrition Will 6-month Paid Maternity Leave Stop Employers From Hiring Married Women?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by   Namrata Paul 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

RichaTaneja28
    Participant

This question will definitely be in the back of the mind of all employers. As far as I see, they would hesitate in hiring young married women, or will not offer them challenging positions. However, I admit that there are sensitive employers who respect a woman’s decision of bringing in a new life and would offer the valued talent a timely sabbatical and work-from-home options.

• Author
    Replies

Namrata Paul
    Participant

It should not be, but yes after so many years of experience and after travelling many other cities I can say that employers can directly raise this question even at the time of interview by asking how will you manage then, we can not provide you pay leave. Or they will stop rectuiting women. I faced a couple of employers in my job life, who called me for interview to say that, we can not recruit you as u do not have kid and in future u have to take maternity leave so it will hamper our work. Now when I have a baby one of the recruiters asked me you have a very small baby, so how can you manage and excessive leave may hamper our work, hope u understand , as its the fact. Regarding career women still have to struggle a lot to be in job.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.